Sections

Friday, February 10, 2012

Project MAM - test run

This week I had enough time to dedicate to my Project MAM (the automatic flea-market-mapper) efforts (mainly because there was too snow outside to go to any real flea market) so I decided to finish sketching up the basic software and do a test run.
Example test run with Project MAM software

I added a piezo buzzer and a LED to the Arduino client so I could be warned in case of problems (mainly the inability to log to the SD card, whatever is the reason). This is how it sounds and looks (with the box open):
The hardware logs the GPS coordinates in a file on the SD card every 30 seconds (roughly), with a format like this:
GPS latitude longitude altitude day month year hour minute second
This file is read by a software I wrote, which draws the route on a map made stitching together either Google Map tiles or OpenStreetMap tiles (I'll publish the sources after a cleanup). Here is an example generated with OSM (which clearly shows how logging every 30 seconds isn't enough for a car ride):
Project MAM and OpenStreetMap
Here is the Arduino sketch for the client: GpsLogger.pde

No comments:

Post a Comment